Regarding the construction of a bascule bridge between Tinicum Township and Prospect Park, a civil engineer recounts an exchange involving $3000 to acquire influence with local commissioners. The current bridge connecting the two boroughs at Wanamaker Ave was not built until 1930.
This passage describes the Morton property and residence, where the Morris Ferry operated.
An excerpt from "The Buried Past" describes the Ferry operation over Darby Creek.
A description of the Morris Ferry appeared in a 1956 publication from the American Swedish Historical Foundation.
An 1847 Act authorized the erection of a bridge over Darby creek "at or near Morris' ferry."